Via Writers for Diversity: Deadline: 31 October 2012
Barbie In A Blender, is a multi-author anthology now open for submissions of poetry about or relating to Barbie. America’s favorite doll has always been a source of inspiration for children, now she’s an inspiration for us. Send us your humor, your sentimentality, your irony, your anger, whatever you feel about Barbie.
- Send one to three works in the body of an email.
- Subject line of email: "[author's name] Poetry Submission for Barbie In A Blender"
- Please include a third-person author bio with your submission.
- Acceptance grants Barbie In A Blender one time electronic publishing rights. Upon publication, all rights revert immediately to the author. If a story published in Barbie In A Blender is later published elsewhere, we respectfully ask that you credit us as the original market.
- Absolutely NO simultaneous submissions. The editor will do her best to review work and respond in as timely a manner as humanly possible.Simultaneous submissions just add unnecessary complications that interfere with that process.
- Absolutely NO attachments.Any submission received that has an attachment will be deleted.(Please do not make me banish potentially excellent work for such a pointless mistake in following directions.)
What the editor wants to see: High quality Free Verse poetry – literary, mainstream, and experimental forms are welcome. Imagery that makes her feel something strongly – whatever that something is. Prose Poetry is also welcome, but must be exceptional.
Payment: contributors to our first anthology will receive a free copy of the ebook version of the anthology. The ebook will be made available to the contributors prior to the print publication going to press. In the future, we hope to be able to provide monetary payment to our contributors, but we are not quite at that point yet.
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org