From Small Press Traffic:
Well friends, it's that time again. In a few months, Small Press Traffic will be once again pulling out the props and the stops at Poets Theater 2012!
Poets Theater is an annual festival in which innovative works are performed, enduring avant-garde plays showcased, and the boundaries of theater generally jostled by artists and writers in collaboration to ask questions around and negotiate the possibilities of poetics of and in performance.
This year we are delighted to announce two evenings of new plays and performance works and most importantly, we want you to be involved by contributing a performance to this year’s events, slated for January 2012.
Contributions could can range from brief play to improvised performance to participatory instructional pieces to cross-genre collaboration – or anything you might discover between or beyond those suggestions. You've got 10 minutes: be fabulous!
We won’t be able to offer payment for your participation, but the experience of the festival affords communion, conversation, sometimes a little collusion and always a lot of fun. We, of course, would love to accept every proposal we receive, but sadly only have room for two nights of performances.
The process goes like this:
1)you send us brief proposal for what you'd like to do following the guidelines below; then
2) we will review the submissions and notify you by October 21st regarding your proposal and next steps including the deadline for the full text of the play on November 21st
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: 1. All proposals must be submitted October 10th email@example.com.
2. Proposals must be no longer than one typed 8.5×11 page of text.
3. Proposals must be for performances that will not exceed 10 minutes in length.
4. Proposals should include the following: a basic idea (with maybe some lines of dialogue); general technical needs for the performance (music, lighting , props etc.); number of performers; and, if you are unable to attend but would like to send in a proposal for others to perform on your behalf, a suggestion for a director/performers.
5. Proposals should reflect the constraint of the performance space, which has a limed area, minimal lighting, and minimal rehearsal access.
We are so excited to collaborate with you! Please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions! We look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely, Lauren Shufran, Megan Camille Roy, Sara Wintz and Samantha Giles- The SPT PT ’12 Committee
Visit Small Press Traffic's website here!