Cha, founded in 2007, a decade after the handover, is the first Hong Kong-based English online literary journal; it is dedicated to publishing quality poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, reviews and photography & art. Cha has a strong focus on Asian-themed creative work and work done by Asian writers and artists. It also publishes established and emerging writers/artists from around the world. We are currently accepting submissinos for Issue #15 (Fourth Anniversary Issue), to be published in November 2011. Deadline: 15 September 2011. Any submissions received after this date will be considered for Issue #16, to be published in February 2012.
- Apart from "Lost Teas" submissions, all work must be original and previously unpublished.
- f you are sending us a piece of travel writing, please also consider sending us images to accompany the piece.
- Include a brief biography (no more than 100 words).
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if your work is accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Feedback: Although we are very willing to comment on published works (see our "A Cup of Fine Tea" column), please note that we are unable to provide feedback on all submitted pieces.
- Copyright: Authors retain all rights. We would appreciate it, however, if you indicate that your work was first published in Cha: An Asian Literary Journal in any subsequent publication.
- Payment: We regret we are unable to pay our contributors at this time.
- Response time: Within 4 months. Please query after this time has lapsed.
- Nominations: Cha commits to nominating contributors' work for awards and recognition. Nominations are announced on the Cha blog.
YOU CAN ALSO SEND YOUR WORK TO email@example.com.