Via the Athena Film Festival:
We are so excited to be able to open up the submissions for the second annual Athena Film Festival which will take place on February 9-12, 2012 at Barnard College.
Here are the details:
Films have power. They create conversation. They reveal truths. They inspire. But for too many generations, Hollywood has told only half the story: too often, what is missing are the stories of women as change agents and heroes in their own right. For the second year, Barnard College, the most sought-after women’s college in the nation, will celebrate women’s leadership on screen at the Athena Film Festival which will take place from February 9-12, 2012. Athena aims to expand the definition of what it means to be a female leader, highlighting the many ways that women can and do make a difference. The program exhibits a wide range of films including Academy Award-nominated films, top tier features, documentaries, and shorts–including U.S. and world premieres. Festival audiences are invited engage in conversations with directors, writers, and producers that challenge convention and examine leadership with a new lens.
The Athena Film Festival will accept submissions of documentaries, features and shorts from June 15- September 15 and is looking for films:
- That will reveal the diverse narratives of women leaders from all walks of life—narratives of ambition, courage, strength and resilience.
- That will showcase women leaders who help us interpret the reality of the modern world—captivating stories of truth, determination, innovation and vision.
- That highlight the talents of emerging artists–films that capture a new generation’s take on what makes exemplary women leaders.
Please keep in mind that for a film to be considered it must have a female at the center of the story in a leadership position. Films directed by male and female directors are welcome. Films directed by women that are not focused in some respect on female leadership onscreen will not be considered.
If you have a film that would fulfill the mission of the Athena Film Festival, please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A brief synopsis of the film and any relevant links (especially to trailers)
- Type of film: documentary, feature, or short.
- Running time, Country of origin and language of film.
- Year the film was made.
- Type and date of release (if applicable.)
- Names of film festivals or other venues your film has played (if applicable.)
- Contact information: Name, email, phone, skype and address.
You will be contacted if the Festival would like to see a screener. Submissions need to be on DVD (in NTSC format) or available online.
Submission deadline: September 15, 2011 (no late deadline)